Chicago police say that four people, including a 17-year-old boy, are dead and at least 10 others have been hurt in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
At approximately 7:24 p.m. Friday in the 6900 block of South Ada, a 17-year-old boy was standing near a sidewalk when he was struck by gunfire.
The teen suffered gunshot wounds to his chest and armpit area, and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center. He was later pronounced dead, police said.
No suspects are in custody, and detectives are investigating the shooting.
Just before 11:30 p.m. in the 1200 block of South California, two men were inside a vehicle when they were involved in a crash with another car.
During an altercation that followed a man got out of one of the vehicles and opened fire, striking the two victims.
A 40-year-old man was shot in the chest and abdomen, and was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was pronounced dead. Police say a second 40-year-old man was shot in the side, and was taken to a local hospital in fair condition.
The gunman fled the scene on foot, but was taken into custody a short time later.
An investigation into the shooting remains ongoing.
Within a one-hour span on Saturday afternoon, two more fatal shootings took place in different parts of the city.
In the 6500 block of South Ashland at approximately 4:37 p.m., a 34-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when he was struck multiple times by gunfire.
Police say the man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Just under an hour later in the 5700 block of South Indiana, a 19-year-old man was inside of a residence when he was struck in the head by gunfire.
Police say the teen was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
No suspects are in custody in either shooting, and police are continuing to investigate the attacks.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings so far.
- At approximately 6:50 p.m. in the 4300 block of West Adams, a 16-year-old girl was inside a residence when she was shot in the head. Police say she was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
- In the 2900 block of South Fort Dearborn at approximately 11:39 p.m., two men were walking through a parking lot when they heard gunfire. A 20-year-old man was shot in the left arm, and was taken to an area hospital in fair condition. A 25-year-old man was shot in the left leg and was listed in fair condition, police said.
- A 30-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 1200 block of South Racine at approximately 11:40 p.m. when he was shot in the left leg, police said. The man was taken to an area hospital in good condition.
- Police say a 22-year-old woman was involved in a car crash in the 4400 block of West Madison just after midnight when a person got out of the other vehicle and opened fire, striking her in the left leg. She was taken to a hospital in good condition.
- At approximately 1:21 a.m. in the 800 block of East 79th Street, a 29-year-old man was walking when a person in a black SUV fired shots at him. Police say the man was hit in the neck and buttocks, and was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
- In the 5400 block of West Ferdinand at approximately 2:05 a.m., a 33-year-old man was standing in a park when a person walked up to him and opened fire, striking him twice in the left arm. He was taken to an area hospital in fair condition, police said.
- A 17-year-old boy was walking in the 4100 block of West Fifth Avenue at approximately 2:18 a.m. when a person in a passing silver sedan fired shots at him, police said. The teen was hit in the left leg, and is listed in fair condition at an area hospital.
- Police say a 42-year-old man was standing in the 4000 block of West Arthington at approximately 6 a.m. when he was shot twice in the ribs and once in the right thigh. The man was taken to an area hospital in serious condition.
Disclaimer- This content is from the following URl. If the content is not loading properly then please click the button below and read the full article.